Peers Helping Peers since 1991
Wecome to the Minnesota Alliance of Local History Museums web site
The purpose of the Alliance shall be to nurture and encourage an appreciation of the local history of the state of Minnesota by providing the structure to foster collaborative local history projects, communicate curatorial and educational information, and encourage professionalism among local and specialized historical organizations in Minnesota.
What does the alliance do?
- The Alliance sponsors workshops and an annual conference designed to assist you with practical information that can be applied to your situation. Alliance members receive a discount on conference fees.
- The Alliance publishes a semi-annual newsletter filled with helpful articles. Each newsletter also has space for information about events occuring at your shop.
- The Alliance provide a job posting section to announce position openings at museums from across the state.
- The Alliance administers the Mutual Assistance Agreement (MAA) program. Signing up for this program provides you with a list of organizations that will help you in an emergency. MAA participants respond with a helping hand to pull you through in the first few days of a disaster.
- The Alliance is governed by a nine member Board of Directors elected from across the state.
Want to learn more about the alliance?
Becoming an alliance member is easy! Fill out a membership form and you will become a part of our vibrant organization!